Sunday, August 23, 2009

Maiden Voyage



Here it is, the very first posting - my very own blog! It seems a bit daunting, but I am going to give it a try.

I've thought about writing a blog for a long time. Friends have encouraged me to share my personal style pointers, wardrobe secrets, special recipes, and entertaining ideas. This is so cliche' but I was totally inspired to finally start my blog after watching that silly, but so wonderful movie - Julie and Julia. I loved the movie, so fun to watch but what I really took away was this: Do something you love every single day!

Q: What do I love?
A: Beautiful design, comfortable living, great food, sweet treats, entertaining friends and family and classic American style.

I do not have a 365 day plan. I figure that with work, a family, a four year old son, a dog, a cat and a household to manage - I'd better just take it one day at a time.
Here's the plan: Discover something wonderful every day.
I'll post anything that I find inspirational. Images that are just simply beautiful, recipes that are easy and delicious, and trends that I can't resist. I hope that the collection of treasures will feed my design soul, and who knows - I may find a few new things to love.
Happy blogging!